Film 🎥 by Gunnar Curry shot on Friday 16 November at the Zhou B Art Center for the opening night of my audio/visual show, “Chicago Lights”. Performers featured in this mini film include Theatre Director and actor, Anthony Moseley, Cabaret star the Duchess Darling Shear and Vocal Performance Artist, Kiara Lanier.
The wonderful Candace Jordan, Chicago Tribune Social columnist, ex-playboy centrefold and sparkling human who radiates warmth and sunshine wherever she goes, just wrote this gorgeous piece for her blog which summed up the opening night of my show. It includes photos from the opening night and really captures what it was all about!
Why? Well now you ask…
1. I am feeling fried and frazzled.
2. I spent three months planning what to wear. Possibly longer.
3. I am obsessed by my show shoes. Really obsessed. I even photographed them and sent them out to friends in text form. I like to try them on and swish about in them.
4. Friends keep texting me telling me they are clothes shopping/ shoe shopping for the event. A lot of them.
5. Others contact me to discuss their outfits.
6. My sister has sent me photos of herself in ten different dresses so far from various London changing rooms. I even got a video.
7. We have catering. We have chairs.
8. We have a band! Yes a band!!!!
9. Who else has a band at an exhibition? That’s definitely a wedding!
10. We sent out real invitations that people put on their mantle pieces. Proper posh ones with gold edges!
11. Money… the bills are escalating…
12. We have loads of people coming. Loads. So many my brain hurts. I need to start planning my three second small talk x 400 plus.
13. We have a DJ!
14. I know for a fact that Michael Jackson will be on the turntable! (Wedding!)
15. I spent two hours choosing my earrings. Two! I tried on every pair in the boutique. The shop assistants were trying to stifle yawns but I persisted and persisted until I achieved perfection!
16. I’m getting my hair done and my makeup!
17. All I need now is a honeymoon!
18. That’s it! It’s a wedding!
Ok, so here we go… after waking up to a number of texts and messages telling me that the link I posted previously doesn’t work in the UK or Europe, I managed to screen shot each page and here is the actual article as it appears in the Chicago Tribune today! Hooray! We are all so global!