I would like to start this post by mentioning things that really get on my nerves followed by a list of things I love. I do love a list.
1. Love songs that drone on and on. Oh my goodness, why are the lyrics so dull? “Let’s reach higher” “ I will always love you” blah blah blah. Love can be very annoying, very funny and hard work! Write a song about that!
2. The Beatles (yes I’m English and no, I don’t like them).
3. U2. Yes U..2.
4. Coldplay. (I can just about bear them.)
5. Elton John from the mid 80s onwards. I do like the 70s tracks.
6. Being asked what my favourite anything is- from colour to food. I like a lot of things. I don’t want a favourite.
7. Love songs. (Did I say that already?- well I’m saying it again, apart from ones from the 70s!)
8. Sweat pants/ Leggings. Leggings are the very worst invention ever and I can SEE your bottom very clearly. Put it away.
9. People who lead countries and have NO EMPATHY (add to that compassion, decency, kindness). What is wrong with them? How do we have so many of them ruling the world? I will MAKE them listen to endless, relentless love songs whilst wearing really tight leggings. While I’m at it, let’s throw a “g-string” into the mix- so uncomfortable and definitely an excellent form of torture.
Things I love 💗
1. Twisted lyrics, lyrical innovation. Billie Eilish is so lovely. She’s got it.
2. The smell of freshly cut grass.
3. My kids questioning me and being CONSCIOUS and awake.
4. My husband reminding me that I can be a right pain and then making me laugh at me, even when I don’t want to.
5. HUMOUR, especially in a woman.
6. Dogs. Dogs. Dogs. And birds and cats and all animals.
8. A well made gin and tonic.
9. A friend who can make cakes. I find any person who can bake well inspiring.
10. A really good book.
11. Empathy, kindness, decency and integrity.
12. Energy- I need more of it.
13. Tea in bed in the morning.
14. The sand between my warm long toes.
And that is it for today. Over and out.